Viz Notebook

TomD_Arch

So the past few weeks I've been contemplating starting a visualization reference notebook to write down all the little set-ups, tips, workflows, etc. that I learn along the way, but don't really have a means for tracking them to go back and see them again easily.  And it's not really a sketchbook or composition ideas or project specific diagrams.

Does anyone else keep something like this?  Have you tried handwritten vs. something digital?  Just curious to see if there's enough interest to get a discussion going.

I realize for some of you it might be a matter of pride you don't need to refer back to reference material ever, like it's some how symbolic of your level 100 visualization abilities, but for some of us it's just easier to not worry about committing every single little something to memory when you come across it.

Edited by TomD_Arch

• 2 weeks later...

Generally I find handwritten is best for a first draft, then if I feel it will be beneficial to others I will type it up and put it in a hopefully logical place on the server. The problem I have is that I keep a general notebook so all the useful stuff spread out between quotes, lists and such so I would recommend keeping a specific book for notes.