Viz Pro of the Week particpants

heni30

Anyone else feel that high end Viz companies should not be eligible for participating in the Viz Pro of the Week contest?  I looked up this week's choice - Glass Canvas and something seemed not right about having high end professionals with vast resources at their disposal competing with up and coming individuals hoping their efforts might be recognized.

At least it seems like their should be maybe different level categories so that the whole idea/process is more inclusive and invites more participation.

• 2 weeks later...

I get the point of Heni but, if we say it is open to everyone, then it means everyone.

Now related to what Velvet mentioned I think here is an issue also of the type of work people does.  For instance I work in house, doing School, Hospitals and similar, it is hard to say but most of those project won't be in the same scale of design that some of the projects showcased here.  There is a space to arguing this opinion for sure, but the quality of the project design is a big bias for how the rendering will be.

I receive many request from designers such , 'can you do a rendering like this or like that' and they show me lots of very nice high quality skyscrapers or house in the forest type of renderings, when in reality their project is a small strip center in the subs or a humble CMU school expansion.

I can talk about here in USA only, but when you get a nice design project, some of those Architectural companies will go with a know Arch viz company instead a single freelancer to produce the renderings, so one thing take to the other. I know this is not a black and white explanation why we may see more companies on the top showcase area, but I think small things here and there may create that perception.

• Like 1