GarageFarm.NET Academy 3ds Max foliage tutorials.

Andrew _GF

Hey guys!

Andrew here from GarageFarm.NET Academy. 

I would like to share with you two plants tutorials I did recently in 3ds Max. I used Corona but any other render engine will do. The tutorial's topic is creating more complex leaf distributions using 3ds Max modifiers. 

Beautiful and realistic foliage using 3ds Max - Random color shades | Part 1

In this tutorial, you will learn how to create realistic and beautiful leafs variations in 3ds Max and any render engine you use. You can use this technique to create your own models or to modify the ready ones downloaded from the internet.

This is part 1 of the tutorial where you will learn the random distribution of colors and textures. You can also use it on any other multiple models which need random colors like tiles, candy, or pebbles. Modifiers used: MaterialPerElement.

Beautiful and realistic foliage using 3ds Max - Painting leaves with Vertex Paint modifier | Part 2

In this tutorial, you will learn how basics of vertex color feature in 3ds Max, Vertex Paint modifier and using it as a masking map to add realistic and colorful variation to foliage.

In the first part of the tutorial you learned how to create random variation. In this part, you will create clamps of autumn leaves, light green young leaves, and how to mix this effect with the Material By Element modifier from the first part of the tutorial.

The tutorial is recorded with the use of the Grow Ivy plugin, but you can use these techniques with any plant models you have, and to texture any kind of geometry.

----------------------

I'm rather a technical guy, so I'm sure you will be able to pull off much better artistic effects. ?

I hope you will find these tutorials useful. 

Andrew

Edited by Andrew _GF