How to get this style of rendering

joshua helzlsouer

Hi All,  Though I do like the photoreal style of rendering, I am trying to understand this particular one.  The images below are from Design Illustrations Group and I do not own the rights to them.  (If I should remove them let me know and I can just post a link if that is a more proper way of doing it).  The main things I notice is that the textures seem to have a softer look as if they have very few if no maps associated with the textures.  It almost looks like a cross between an all Sketchup and a full rendered style.  I really struggle with the glass look in particular.  I use Sketchup and VRay as my software.  I would appreciate any help you guys can provide.  

I also cannot figure out how to add images so sorry in advance.  

Thanks

Josh

d500b2_17cdbb81e6bb44e887ee27df97fc94f5_mv2.webp d500b2_057d7a51bad64413af2c5f4e09ffc5bf_mv2.webp d500b2_e5a199c19af543d5baf448536da87f18_mv2.webp

Edited by joshua helzlsouer

The images cannot be added because they are .webp file and not format such as a jpg or png.

These images have a lot of post production work done to them. I would go so far to say that the glass is 90% or more Photoshop work. At the distances they are viewing these buildings, you don't need hyper deep materials. You just need the basics. Diffuse, passable reflections, and maybe some bump/displacement. But that's it. Their time is devoted to post production work and the initial rendering is only 20% of the time, the other 80% is in post.

• Like 1