Deceiver

Alexsander

Hello everyone
I don't know where to create this topic - so I ask the administration to move it to the right size if anything

I want to tell my story about cooperation with one client. His name is Douglas Felton
I made a small order for him - for $ 150 - did - the work was accepted.

I was then asked to sign the W8-BEN form. Then I did not know if I could sign it in my country, since I was just starting to pay taxes in my country and did not know how this would affect me in terms of taxes.

I said that I would find out and then pay me back - to which Douglas agreed and would pay.

A year has passed and I wrote to Douglas Felton that he would pay me the money. to which he said that he would send me a photo of W8-BEN and disappeared. does not respond to messages but looks (on whatsapp)

This is not very decent and be careful if this person orders something for you!

Duglas Fenton
+44 7799 593805

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry to heard that Alexander, This same story repeat many times in our industry, many of us been in similar situation.

One way to avoid this type of situation is always ask money up front. if the total amount is 'small' do not be a shame to ask for the full amount. IF the client doesn't accept this. that should be your First red flag that he may not be serious about this business. I know times are though and we all need the job, but it is always worse work for free and feel betrayed.

Stay sharp, best luck.

Always get a deposit and take it as a lesson learned. We all have had our fair share of bad clients and no-payers. Never start work without a deposit and never do anything for free! Read Design Is a Job by Mike Monteiro.