Color Consistency Issues Between Monitor and Exported Images – Seeking Workflow Advice

Hi everyone,

I’m an interior designer working with 3ds Max and Photoshop, and I've encountered a color consistency issue that I hope you can help me with.

Background: I use a Cooler Master GM27-FQS ARGB monitor which supports sRGB, Adobe RGB, and DCI-P3 color spaces. I prefer the richer colors of Adobe RGB for my design work, but I’ve noticed significant color shifts when exporting images. Specifically, reds turn into oranges and the overall vibrance diminishes, especially when viewing images on phones and other devices.

My Current Workflow:

1. 3ds Max: I work with linear color space and have gamma settings adjusted to 2.2 for both input and output.
  2. Photoshop: I edit images in Adobe RGB (1998) but convert to sRGB before final export for web and device viewing.
  3. Export Format: I use formats like TIFF or PNG that support color profiles.

My Questions:

1. Monitor Setup: Should I continue using Adobe RGB mode on my monitor for editing, or switch to sRGB to match my export settings?
  2. Color Management: Are there any adjustments or best practices I should follow in 3ds Max or Photoshop to better manage color consistency?
  3. Export Settings: Are there any additional steps I should take to ensure that the colors in my exported images remain consistent across different devices?

Any insights or recommendations on how to handle this issue would be greatly appreciated. I’m looking for a workflow that allows me to leverage the wide color gamut of Adobe RGB while ensuring that the final output is accurate and vibrant on all devices.

Thank you in advance for your help!