Photoshop, Image Ready question

cullen

Hey guys I know we're not really a web forum but hoping that someone might know....

I've been a Macromedia Fireworks user for a long time. The company that I'm now working for has Image Ready. I really like everything in it except the roll over features. This thing making me feel slower than ever. :mad:

What I'm trying to do is have an image map activate a slice. I want a large area to change but only when you select one word (where the image map is). In Fireworks you can have a hotspot (equivalent of image map) activate a slice. In a way it kinda works like the remote thing on slices. I can build this with slices but there is a lot of rollovers on this page and I would rather not have hundreds of extra slices just to make certain little areas work.

Can anyone please help. We have a big deadline on this and this is really slowing me down on making it work. :mad:

Thanks,

crw

• Administrators

How good are you at coding? You could just create the slices and write the code behind it to trigger the event you want. Better yet, just copy the code that you have used in other projects done in FW. I've not used ImageReady much myself, becuase I don't think it's as good as FW, but if I get some time this afternoon I will give it a go to see if it can do what you want.

Cheers,

Jeff

Thats actually what I ended up doing. I messed around with it some more and finally got tired of it. I exported the images twice. Once for my normal and then again for my over state. I grabbed some of my other sites and just copy pasted the code.

Yeah, I don't think ImageReady is near as advanced as FW and the help file kinda leaves you hangn' a lot. I'll probably end up taking it home before it's all over and using dreamweaver to fix things. (Not a big fan of GoLive either) Thanks for the response Jeff.

crw