Am I the only one out here that use Revit?!

• 1 month later...

I use arhicad, but want to look into Revit. I just figure that Revit is not as "old" or should I say, too new of a software? to compete with archicad's fetures at this point?

I have been trying Zoom GDL for custom object creation, it allows me to use 3ds models and coverts them to GDL. is there something like that for revit? or how are custom objects made, keep in mind I they must be high res.

Hi Richard,

Sounds, like u feel lonely, aren't u? I've tried a demo once, but generally speaking I don't like such kind of "CAD software philosophy" like Revit, ADT or ArchiCAD. I like "pure" AutoCAD, because of when I started my first architecture job I had a drawing board and inkfilled pens. AutoCAD gave me a seamless ability to work the way I used to. And out of habit - I like it...

rgds,

Wojciech Klepacki

hi pipol! i've heard about revit but dunno whats it for or what does it do or what can it do or why do i have to know about this software or is it better than ACAD or VIZ or MAX or VRAY or, or, or... (geez... too many 3D softwares and i'm begining to feel i'm being left behind)

:???: :gebigeek: :D :ngesleep: :ngesleep: :ngesleep: :angeuhoh:

cya ;)

Originally posted by CAD:

hi pipol! i've heard about revit but dunno whats it for or what does it do or what can it do or why do i have to know about this software or is it better than ACAD or VIZ or MAX or VRAY or, or, or... (geez... too many 3D softwares and i'm begining to feel i'm being left behind)

:???: :gebigeek: :D :ngesleep: :ngesleep: :ngesleep: :angeuhoh:

cya ;)

Gotta start surfing and reading man if you are serious with your profession.