Architecture visualization found ... which program was used?

benjaminbruder

Serlachius-Museum-Gösta-Extension-by-Matteo-Cainer-Architects-9-550x328.jpg

Hey,

my name is Benjamin and im a architecture student at the third semester.

I tried to occupy myself with visualization and post processing for architecture projects.

In this semester our project is to plan a small settlement in my home city.

For this project i want to try some special styles of presentation.

I found some pictures at the web. The fotos are from the "serlachius museum gösta extension" planed by matteo cainer architects.

When you see those pictures: What program you would use to produce something similar to those ? :confused:

I worked already with Protoshop, 3dsMax, Vray, cinema4D and some other modeling programs for architects.

If anyone knows how these images were made​​, i would be very happy if he could reply to this post. :) (maybe with a short explanation)

Thanks a lot,

sincerely Benjamin.

Serlachius-Museum-Gösta-Extension-by-Matteo-Cainer-Architects-10.jpg

Serlachius-Museum-Gösta-Extension-by-Matteo-Cainer-Architects-5.jpg

Not to be harsh, but stop thinking it was the program that made those images. It was the artist, plain and simple. In the right hands, you could do that is MS Paint. In the wrong hands you could totally screw it up using the best software out there.

Do you know how the artist got those images? By trying new things out. By experimenting and by actually creating art.

I know you are a student and you are learning, so you need to ask questions. The questions you asked are mostly valid questions, with equally valid answers. They’re worth discussing at times, and are things that you’ll eventually figure out. But by and large, you’ll figure them all out for yourself by working. Please don’t be afraid to ask questions and research things, but be sure you’re not doing it at the expense of actually learning things by working forward.

Render something out, open Photoshop and just have at it. Have fun playing with the filter gallery, just experiment.

I agree with all of the above answers. Alex is a good start to look at alternative techniques. Photoshop is the BEST rendering engine on the market. It's fast, its flexible, it allows you to make ART and this is what we do. A computer and a piece of software can only take you so far. Even if you look at Alex Roman's work, which I have been drawn into again since the release of his new book. The renders he gets from the engine are pretty mediocre, but it's what he does as an artist that brings life to it. There's a video on Vimeo shedding light on his post work and Alex's website has great tutorials on NPR techniques.

To answer your question, if I could guess, I would say modeled in SketchUp, rendered using whatever (Kerkythea, V-Ray, Maxwell - doesn't matter) post work in Photoshop using a series of exports from SketchUp and some images from the web, and 10,000 hours of working at creating a style and workflow.

@--"'typical budget architect clumsy student look""?

well you hate this, but then again, the photoreal picture is not always the best solution..depends on the project at hand...

When it comes to museums or art centers the competition jury wants to see a vision, it is about art, about shape , material and sun light.

For me as an architect these pictures communicate the concept way better then most of the 100% photoreal renderings.