Tiff bug with backburner and Vray frame buffer

gabrielhildebrand

Hi there,

as I don't know exactly if the problem is max/backburner or vray related I put it in here. Hope I explain it right.

I often have a bug with my saved tif output files. I render with the vray frame buffer, save all parses as 16 bit tifs with alpha channel and send it out to the backburner.

Really often but not always however the tif images are saved as default 8 bit without alpha.Seems like max forgets the setup dialog selection I made.

This bug is really bad bc no chance to same them as 16bit afterwards if you would when you render local. Is there a way to change the default tif setting to 16bit with alpha?

Or does anyone have a workaround?

it is a strange bug really, never had that problem. If you are using Max buffer instead of V Ray buffer it may generate those problem.

I would recommend to use V Ray buffer and save as exr, they will compress better than Tif images at large resolution 16 bits. Photoshop or any other software should not have any problem working with exr files.

it is a strange bug really, never had that problem. If you are using Max buffer instead of V Ray buffer it may generate those problem.

I would recommend to use V Ray buffer and save as exr, they will compress better than Tif images at large resolution 16 bits. Photoshop or any other software should not have any problem working with exr files.

Hi thanks for the reply. Actually I only use the Vray frame buffer and the Max frame buffer doesn't produce this bug. Unfortunetly I have to use tiff. So this is no option.

I think its a Vray buggy behaviour with the tiff setup dialog as the window itself appears in the language my PC is set but max itself uses english so does the tiff setup dialog appear in english with max frame buffer.