Vray for sketchup crashing. Need help!!!

abdullakhan

Dear guys....

I have a model of 79 MB, 3 scenes in it, out of wich 2 of them are rendering fine and in under 20 min. The third one and only that particular one is taking ages to prepass and eventually crash showing runtime error. Also I have notices that light cache never builds up to 100%, it goes down to 0% after building about 80%.

After a million tries I'm facing another problem... That is, sketchup is crashing after finishing every render giving me no time to save...

If there is any one who can give suggestions, I would be glad...

Hi Abdulla

You definitely have a system memory problem , you need at least 8 GB

1. First of in Vray under option , system - Set your dynamic memory limit to at least 4mb

2. From personal experience I have noticed that a certain texture can cause light cash not to build , unfortunately this means taking them away one for one to see when light cache builds again

3. In sketchup , bottom left , click on model info , statistics and purge your model and fix any geometric problems , I have also noticed difficulty in scenes rendering if the model is "broken"

4. As for sketchup crashing under Vray options , output , render output - set a folder in which it saves as soon as it is done

Hopes this helps brother

Regards