Vray IES lights not rendering! Help, please?

nathaliasalomao

Hello everyone,

I've been struggling with my IES lights and can't make them to be rendered with Vray.

When the light cache is being built, the lights appear normally but when the first pass starts, it's like all my IES lights are switched off.

I'm using and HDRI, no sun. Also going for light cache and Irradiance map.

What could possibly be? It's annoying for me because I can't go further with my project and I can't find a solution for my case on the forums.

Also, for the record, my lights were created with VrayIES, they're switched on and with an intensity of 18.000 lm. If I turn up the intensity, it doesn't work.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

What you are saying doesn't make any sense, it's probably why no one has replied. You say if you turn up the intensity, it doesn't work. What doesn't work, please explain.

What I normally do if I put in a VrayIES light and find it doesn't render is whack up the intensity, sometimes as high as 1,000,000. Then I'll see it blows out the scene and can drop the value, but at least I know the light is working.

So, like I said, what doesn't work when you turn up the intensity?

Thanks, Tom

There are been talks about some IES file to not be correctly formatted from some manufacturer, so all settings are correct but the scale or intensity is not displayed correctly.

When I do work with IES file I turn off all light, first, or I place the IES lights first and adjust my exposure with those light, then I place an extra light or filling lights, I use the IES data as a base.

Other than that, be sure your lights are on, and they are not behind walls or glasses.

You can always switch off all the light sources except the ies lights, and try to render with an override material and check if the lighting pass has any hint of illumination. If yes, then the IES is working but you need to crank up the intensity, else try to see if the IES is not under some objects. I faced a similar issue when the main ies light object was placed in the correct position under the light object, but once the ISE file was added, it went overlapping/behind the object.