Holographic presentation

Hi all,

My client wants his new building presented in the centre of an arena with holograpihc techniques, during a spectacular opening-event. I know there is a special technique around that works with a 12 ft tall foil cylinder or cube and the 3D building is projected on the inside. If it's all set up the proper way, the foil is invisible. He saw this sort of presentations in the USA so if there is anybody out there who has info or a site to go to for contact, then I can make some moves.

I know there is a firm in Germany (or an agency for a USA based company) but after an extensive google-action I can not find it, so any suggestions would be highly apreciated.

Thanks in advance guys,

Dennis de Priester

search through Architectural Record-- their review of the Venice Bi. they reviewed a product/Comp. that had FULL color holograms which were Also Stereo viewing. each eye gets its own 3d hologram with no glasses. they may be able to make a cylinder (cylinders are very well known in the hologram world)

Thomas+son

Dennis

that damn Architectural Record, I tried searching their website and it can up with nothing, I am looking at the article in their magizine right now. AR 11/2004 Page 107 Venice Biennale.

It took me a while to go through all my old issues of AR to find the article.

http://www.zebraimaging.com/html/architecture.html

they make the STEREO hologram (each eye see different hologram).

I read their site quickly and found this image-- NOTE you can see the sides od the buildings, keep rotating above and you will see the roofs in plan, keep going and you will see the other elevations. it may not be a cylinder but it may be what your boss wants?? any way give Zebra a contact and they may be able to send you a free sample??

I find this stuff very interesting, I even purchased "Shoebox Holography" on how to make your own holograms using a typical laser pointer.

Keep us updated, with our office budget, I would never get to do what your firm is going to try GOOD LUCK. Thomas+son

Thanks a lot Tomas.

I've been searching through the entire Architecture-site myself yesterday but no score, even in the 'search' area. But your information is very welcome and I definetely will give Zebra a call or mail tomorrow for some indept information.

Yes, this is a pretty cool request here from my client (well, prospect to be honest). You know, in my days in advertising I did quite a few events (organising) but this time I have the opportunity to mix all things together + the fact that my 3D model is gonna be projected 2 meters tall (6") is not all in a days work, not at all! When i started in this viz business 1.5 yrs ago I had the feeling that there's so much more possible in arch-presentations and I guess this is one of them. It's a business field with more (creative) potential than we all know, i'm sure of that.

Thanks again man, if things in this concept are more solid, parties brought together and the organization is up and running for this event, i will surely keep you posted in this project. I know it's all still very fresh and conceptual, but there will be some cool pics posted here of the event itself, could take up to two or three months....

Take care, thanks again Tomas.

Dennis

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

Im new here, infact just registered to answer Dennis' question.

hope its not too late Dennis, buthere you go..

http://www.blickfanggmbh.com/indexeng.html

also if you want glasses free 3d presentations the largest Im aware of is X3D's 50 inch plasma screen with holographic like effect that has about 2 feet of "pop-out" and depth.

U can of course use full color raster-scanning software from Pangolin with a white light laser and a scrim for doing pseudo 3d objects at virtually huge sizes.

cheers

Clyde

(http://www.3dco.com)

Thanks a lot Clyde,

I guess the XStage technique is pretty close to what we are searching for. I hope the costs are a bit friendly but that is for later > negotiation... This project is still in an exploration phase so nothing's clear yet but working hard on it. If this all goes smoothly, it would be a very cool reference for my studio! That's all but more of that later.

Thanks again for registering and answering man, I really appreciate that. I will get in touch with Germany mondaymorning early and if I have any news I'll definetely let you know...

Take care :D

Dennis