Simmetry3d beta

ed morgan

Thanks for the response - we've signed up lots of beta testers now :), more than enough for this first beta build. We'll re-post when there is another beta build available and will take on more testers then.

For those of you who have enrolled on the test program don't forget to check the simmetry3d forum for news on the beta and to post any suggestions/problems.

www.simmetry3d.com/support/

• 2 weeks later...
will you provide a mac viewer too?

This is something we are considering; there are no real technical barriers in our way, however we would need to be convinced that there is a real demand for a mac viewer. We are planning to address the web-viewer first and then the standalone viewer after that.

I assume you are asking this because you have this requirement? Prehaps you can give us a feeling for the need of a mac viewer and also a mac web-viewer?

Thanks

Ed

ed,

even macs are powerfull enough to enable 3d webapplications now... the only drawback in the situation on mac is that all vrml viewer for mac are slow, complicated to install or even don't be able show basic vrml features.

Mac ppl don't know what they can do with 3d on the web and that's the reason why no1 really consider to explore the possibilities.

Why this point is so important for me?

My last work is for fine art ppl here in vienna who run my favorit club ..they closed the club, they found a new extraordinary location and they needed some "power" to convince the officals here in vienna.... so i build a vrml scene and after few minutes we found that it's so good that we will run it as virtual gallery which is open for artists to develop concepts for the real location or even to run a virtual exhibition. ..but with this decision i needed a crossplattform vrml viewer for pc and for mac since most fine art geeks here are working with apple.

..i'm pretty sure that this will have an impact at least here in vienna.

if you want to see this scene or even much better are interrested in working together on this project then please mail me: christian@cgtechniques.com

btw, i know that this job is somehow offtopic, but maybe you find it interresting to come into arch/art business....