some screenshots of a WIP VR-project

oluv

i started this project 2 days ago and i am preparing the interior right now. the exterior is already finished and ready to explore in real-time.

the workflow was a bit tricky, because i actually calculated 2 separate lighting-solutions for interior and exterior that i am trying to compose into one single model.

this is a proposal for an austrian country house to be built in the near future. we decided to make a virtual model of the house to give the client the best possible and realistic impression of the architect's plan.

i took several photos of the original building-site to use them as background-panorama which was finally wrapped onto a sphere and put around the model. this gives more or less the right impression of the final view, when standing on the balcony for example.

the output is vrml right now with multitexturing for the lightmaps, but apart from that there won't be too many vrml-tricks, only some simple navigation switches.

i will put the model online as soon as it is finished and post the link if anyone is interested.

best regards, olaf

i started this project 2 days ago and i am preparing the interior right now. the exterior is already finished and ready to explore in real-time.

the workflow was a bit tricky, because i actually calculated 2 separate lighting-solutions for interior and exterior that i am trying to compose into one single model.

this is a proposal for an austrian country house to be built in the near future. we decided to make a virtual model of the house to give the client the best possible and realistic impression of the architect's plan.

i took several photos of the original building-site to use them as background-panorama which was finally wrapped onto a sphere and put around the model. this gives more or less the right impression of the final view, when standing on the balcony for example.

the output is vrml right now with multitexturing for the lightmaps, but apart from that there won't be too many vrml-tricks, only some simple navigation switches.

i will put the model online as soon as it is finished and post the link if anyone is interested.

best regards, olaf

HOOLLLAAREEEDUUUUUUUUULIEÄHHHHHHHHH

thanks for all feedback guys.

of course the house is not my design, so please don't blame me on the architecture :) my job was only to check out the architect's plans and build some simple model out of this. i didn't get paid for it, so i couldn't invest too much time in preparing materials etc. it was already boring enough to optimize the model for radiosity and later for vrml.

anyhow it was a nice practice to do something in vrml again.

the model is now online:

http://homepage.boku.ac.at/h9526506/marggraff.html

[url=http://homepage.boku.ac.at/h9526506/marggraff.html][/url]

it is intended to be watched with blaxxun contact. i also tried it with the latest version of bitmanagement contact, but it had some problems with displaying alpha-maps. still i prefer blaxxun because there is no annoying logo flying around ;-)

unfortunately blaxxun only works with IExplorer. there is no plug-in for mozilla :-(

i attached also 3 screenshots from the interior in case someone cannot watch the vrml-scene properly.

best regards and thanks to all!

o.

hi

It is a chance that I was on my chair watching your work, If I was standing up, I would have fallen.

congratulations.

you said thatyou did not get paid for this, I wish I could see the works on which you are paid :-)

hey guys, no one to challenge this guy ? :-)

ok, ok, I come back to my pool