apartment building wip

Tim Saunders

ok the building is only about 1/4 modeled, but i wanted to take a uick time out on modeling it and work on something i've never tried before; glass block. i plan on posting wips on this spare time practice project throughout the proccess, but i wanted to get some feedback on my attempt on the glass block. like i said, i've never done this before so be gentle. i looked around for a bit and couln't find any texture maps i was satisfied with so i made my own and mixed in some color. any suggestions for improvement? keep in mind, i have no lights set up or any environment map.

i used photoshop. i just drew 3 lines horizontally and vertically evenly spaced apart, then with the brush with soft edges and like 40% opacity, i put a blurred dot in the middle of each square as shown in the second image. i used the map as my difused color map and mixed in a bit of green color, and decreased the opacity of the material. and i used the same map as the bump map cranked up to like 150 or so. i used reflect refract in bot the reflection and refraction map slots and played with the levels a little. i'm open to any ideas for improvement.