quesstion rgding Elemental 2 submission

pradipta

i have some simple querry on the resolution of the images that needs to be sent for the selection of Elemental book. The guideline says :

"A guideline is 2657 pixels wide and/or 3636 high, 300 DPI (portrait), or 3636 pixels wide and/or 2657 pixels high, 300 DPI (landscape). Your image aspect ratio and layout will dictate the final resolution. These are given as guidelines. To be safe, render images that are larger than these specified "

shall i have to render the scene exactly in this resolution? i am little bit confused. again it says 300 dpi (landscape/portrait) what does it mean?

rendering at such high resolution using MR and Vray will take days. can anyone explain this to me,

would be grateful, thanks a lot

Pradipta,

Your image aspect ratio and layout will dictate etc. = Just lock both your image aspect ratio and pixel aspect ratio in default > render your scene on a resolution above 3000 px width for a landscaper (width is larger than height), don't bother the height anymore it will adjust automatically. 2500 px width for a portrait (height is larger than width) again, don't bother the height. There's no need to exactely follow the instructions since it's a guideline only (a precise one, still a guideline). More simple can not be said.

Info: In pre-press the printer always want a visual delivered in a very high resolution The higher, the sharper when printed. Therefore the minimum is 3000 px (appr. 300 DPI) best is 12000 px for 1200 DPI > large, qualitypaper magazines

For future issues, or to sharpen your skills in prepress production, study on Jeff's explanation because someday you'll run into this and then your client want a straight answer from you.