Dual screen and AutoCad

Hi

I´m just moving in to the wonderfull world of a dualscreen workplace. I´m not sporting the best setup (Radeon 9600) but the best I could afford.

Anyway - Whenever I start Autocad all the placements of the menus (on the secondary monitor) are reset to the primary screen (everything on top of eachother).

This is of course very frustrating as it takes time to redo it.

It seems that AutoCad (Architectural desktop 2004) isn´t setup right?!? I´ve looked at the screenmode system vaiable and a lot of other places but I can´t seem to find it.

Im sure its very simple - can anyone give me a tip?

hello

actually lot of Autodesk product don't use dualscreen mode...

actually use Revit 5.1 and it don't use dualscreen :rolleyes: orangeno

so .. the 6.0 US version not anyway ...

demand autodesk for 6.1 ...

wait and see..

but some infos i've got from my autodesk resseller

say .. ADT not in dualscreen..

very dommage for professionnal software!!! :ngesighw:

Hi Nevians

Thank you forr your reply. Its nice to know I´m not alone. But tell me - how do you work aorund this problem?

Also - Screenmode does mention a dual screen setup but nothing about how :rolleyes:

There must be some way to do this without having to move the toolbars al the time.

I don't know if this will work, but we use AutoCAD LT w/ Duel's and it works. Duel 21" on Matrox 650.

Try going to display properties and highlight the second moniter. Check "Extend my Windows destop onto this moniter". See if that does it.

Chaz

hello bis,

so .. warning...

there is 2 mode in dual screen :

the "real" DualScreen ...

that 2 screens = 2 desktops = 2 resolutions pixel

(exemple : 1600x1200 and 1024x768 for second..)

and the "false" dualscreen :

that windows only extend primary screen int o the second

you have only one screen (mega screen but one only)

(example : 2600x1200 and the resolution pixel is blocked.. you can't change the second screen..

so you must use same monitor and the same resolution on the two monitors..)

so alls softs run on False Screen mode..

but not lot of on real dualscreen ...

Actually Autodesk product (autocad)

can run in false.. and sometimes in real mode..

(test it !!!)

but ADT and Revit don't run for moment i think (i'm sure for revit not for ADT ..)

good day

edition PS : yes the problem that lot of software don't save windows position....!!!

Adobe product YES .. other .. no be ...

Hi guys

Ok - well I can set the resolution independently for both monitors - so I gues its "true" dual.

I have "extend my windows..." on and it works. The problem is that Autocad does´t remember my settings when I close the aplication and open it again all the toolbars are moved to the primary monitor - on top of eachother.... very irritating.

Any ideas?

I've been using dual monitors for a couple of years and now 3 monitors in my current setup.. Autocad has never remembered the toolbar settings on the 2nd monitor.. I am also like jeff and use ultramon as well.. I know of a couple of guys that have created custom VBA apps that will basicly tell your toolbars where to go on startup.. I will post anything else if I hear back from my contacts at autodesk

Mike

Hi everyone

I thought I was just being slow. Anyway I guess it isn´t better that it isn´t possible at all...

How du you guys use the dual setup if not with Autocad? - Max behaves well here too so thats nice but it would be so nice to get all the menus of the screen in Autocad... I know I shouldn´t need them - shortcuts. The key to eternal happiness.

Mike - that sounds like it´ll do the trick - please do drop a line here if you stumble across one of those apps you mentioned.

Thanks

[ February 07, 2004, 05:46 AM: Message edited by: Ras ]