Help for a newbie

craig.t

Hi all,

I need some advice please, I have purchased Cinema, I am now deciding what additional bits and pieces I should purchase as well, I will be producing mostly architectural visuals, so need some input on what to get as a basic starter kit for doing these. Trees do I get Xfrog or onyx? , what plants materials do I need. Would like do to some interior stuff as well, but haven't really thought about that yet however, would appreciate your input greatly on that area to.

Many thanks in advance

Craig

Hi craig. i pressume you hade the advanced render module with that too?

my basic c4d/supplimental package for archi work is -

* C4D XL Bundle

* Final Render 2 renderer plugin on order (extends C4D's own rendering capabilities)

* 2d opacity/clip maps from Marlin Studios (includes skys, folliage, animated people)

* various models from lowpolygon3d.com (including shop interiors, cars, people, plants)

* Sketch and Tune is also another nifty arty/sketchy plugin available to you

* Xfrog (dont own it, but would certainly reccomend it)

* Photoshop (essential for post imagery)

* Autocad for all modelling work

Yes, the hard work of learning it starts here. I got a couple of dvd's produced by 3dfluff to help me along the way. The do training aswell but it is a bit a way to travel, I don't supose you know anyone who does training alittle closer to Wales do you?

Regards

Craig

the 3d fluff dvd's will be a great resource for you. just watch them over and over.

3d training in Wales? hmmm. dunno. specially not for c4d i dont know. try the college up near Goldtops where you are, they did cad when i was there and had plans to expand their 3d learning services.

Check the sticky at the top of this forum for some tuts.

Other nice things to have are a scanner, digital camera, a DV cam, video editor/compositor and a DVD authoring solution.

Some other plugins I enjoy are Jenna, Mesh Surgery (please oh please release this for v9), Ozone, Finger Painter, Surface Painter, Point Colapse, and Noise Deformer - some of these are free.

Frosty, how do you find Ozone compaired to 9.5's new skyshader?

I havent had the chance to try out the revised Sky Shader in 9.5. However, Ozone was well beyond anything that Sky Shader v1 could do. I found it quite easy to create very moody skies and clouds with it after I learned a few tricks.

All images below use Ozone.

Strat-

I've found it difficult to do AutoCAD to C4D, can you give any pointers? What file format to use and how to set up things in AutoCAD?

i use .3DS format all the way. never had any problems.

in autocad i model in faces style though. i dont model solids so i dont know how they export into c4d, and dont even think about exporting 2d spline work as c4d's abilities in this respect is well poor.