Simulation software

Sketchrender

the same website look in the downloads there is a nice tool wich gives you wind data. simulation would be a very very expensive sofware.i guess

the inventor of this software used to be in the perth uni unfortunaetly he left

to england. its really good stuff

• 2 years later...

Hi, I just joined this group today. I would like to throw some light over this subject. The software Ecotect is a sustainable tool developed by Dr. Andrew Marsh, a former lecturer at Cardiff University, Wales. He has since left and on his own now. Recently I found out that he has formed another group of researchers to develop yet another sustainable tool called Evatool. Like any other simulation software, Ecotect cannot claim that it can do all building environment simulations, but Ecotect can import and export other data files from other software like EnergyPlus and Radiance. A software that is needed to simulate air movement would be a CFD (computational fluid dynamic) software. WinAir is such a software, but it was developed only for research purposes within Cardiff University and it is not commercially available. Data from CFD result can then be imported into Ecotect and will be presented in the most, I would say, beautiful graphic interface ever presented for architects.