Maxwell

manta

Hey,

I was just over at CGtalk in the C4D section, and I was a little confused, is Maxwell now a completely standalone renderer, because people were talking about exporting their models as .obj into the renderer, has it changed into something like realflow now, when I used it on my friends computer and Max, it was just like any other plugin renderer, you assign it as the renderer, and hit render, but that was the Beta version...

Do not confuse Maxwell with an actual working product. It is not yet, and may never be.

Unfortunately, in their quest to make a stand-alone product, the beautifully simple renderer has suffered dramatically. In addition, a lax communication style with paying clients has made a lot of people very upset!

I'm hoping that they can communicate better and realize the beauty of what they have started.

Simplification is the hardest part (and the latest release candidate illustrates this). Adding complexity is easy!

Angelo

Simplification is the hardest part (and the latest release candidate illustrates this). Adding complexity is easy!

Angelo

.....I believe it was Leonardo da Vinci who said 'Simplicity is the ultimate sophisitication' .

Sadly, somewhere along the way in the development of MR, NextLimit lost sight of this beautiful truth......

• 2 weeks later...
.....I believe it was Leonardo da Vinci who said 'Simplicity is the ultimate sophisitication' .

Sadly, somewhere along the way in the development of MR, NextLimit lost sight of this beautiful truth......

I think it'll come back to them one day though.