Onyx Tree Users

neil poppleton

we are looking at purchasing onyx tree software,

and would like to ask the following of any viz 2006 / vray users of this package,

Q1, do you need both the plant creator software i.e. broadleaf, plus

the max plugin as well ? i am slightly confused with their nice but simple website,

Q2, if you need the max plugin on each workstation, do you also need the broadleaf creator on each machine ?

Q3, is network rendering a simple operation ?

many thanks in anticipation,

neil

I have bought only the tree generator (just the broadleaf pack), so I cannot inform you on the plug in. So, I just generate a tree species, export it in 3ds and then import it in the viz scene, assign it a vray material and it all works out quite well. The plugin allows for tree generation, customization and animation within max/viz

Q1, do you need both the plant creator software i.e. broadleaf, plus

the max plugin as well ? i am slightly confused with their nice but simple website,

A1: no, but it makes working alot easier to use the max plugin.

Q2, if you need the max plugin on each workstation, do you also need the broadleaf creator on each machine ?

A2: nope

Q3, is network rendering a simple operation ?

A3:

yeah just make sure all the render nodes have the proper plugins in their plugin folders (and you actually don't have to do an install you can just copy the onyx files from one machine to the plugin folder on another)