Bamboo needed

Rick Eloy

Hi, guys!

I've been doing some residential interior shots lately and some clients have requested me to put a certaind kind of bamboo called mosso. I simply can't take a decent picture of one, so I thought maybe I could ask around and see if someone has one (pic or 3D). In case you don't know what it looks like, here is a pic I took.

Thanks in advance!

Strat: tks, man, but they are very specific about this... They say this kind of bamboo is "cool" (go figure...)

Travis: I'll try it, although I'm not really familiar with it work-wise. I'm checking their website right know after a demo version or something...

I downloaded a couple of bamboo species on the bionatics website. If you use Max or VIZ, you can choose the only required 3D plant and you do not have to get a complete package. Mine were modeled with EASYnat & Max. Have a look. Cheers! Eric.

Hey, Jow, totally good! I didn't see your message after you edited it, so sorry for the delay. Where did you find this?

Oh, btw, I'm quickly becoming quite proficient in bamboo... the one I'm looking for is the most common in Chine, and server also as food. Scientific name: Phyllostachys pubescens. ;)

Its one i modeled ages ago, just spent 2 mins fatting up the stem and changing the stem colour.

The Latin of this, or what it was is Phyllostachys Nigra (Black Bamboo);) if that means anything to you...