3DS render times

once you make the jump from windows 32bit, to windows 64bit you'll be able to use more than the 3g's of RAM. When we purchased our last systems we had em installed with 4 gigs of ram..... as soon all the software and drivers for our stuff is fully recognized for 64bit we'll switch over.

once you make the jump from windows 32bit, to windows 64bit you'll be able to use more than the 3g's of RAM. When we purchased our last systems we had em installed with 4 gigs of ram..... as soon all the software and drivers for our stuff is fully recognized for 64bit we'll switch over.

but id need to upgrade to a faster processor as well to make it really work right?

something like the AMD opteron or X2 4400?

Windows 32 can handle 4 gigs. It's not very good at it, and you need to modify boot files, but it works.

are there any know compatability issues with doing the boot mod to get to 4gigs?

I called boxx the other day to ask about memory upgrades for my rig and when, talking with the tech, he said there were issues with the quadro video cards (dunno why) when you changed the xp32 boot files to see more ram... some kind of conflict and I didn't have time to discuss how/why ~ just a word of caution I though worth mentioning before you go modifying system settings.

they probably just don't want me "tinkering" with thier system but it still ... might be worth an upgrade to XP64

Is anybody running the boot file mod on XP32?