IES lights

nzjimmy2001

hi guys

can someone please give me some information about rendering using ies lights?

i've seen the evermotion tutorial and have used its settings for my render.

i was just wondering what you need to model and what materials are used for the fittings you put the photometric light into (to my knowledge you have to model the complete fitting... and all its internal components). i am using a fluorescent so i just modelled a simple box with a cylinder as the tube and put my photometric light inside this. is this correct? i am asking because i had spots turn up everywhere in my render.

it would be very helpful if someone could explain what the fitting model consists of and its materials too.

thanks guys.

i just want to get all the info i need to start creating cool renders with IES lights. all information would be greatly appreciated. if software can create the fittings and photometric files included this would be great. at the moment i am importing my architectural models from revit to 3dsmax and then rendering with vray. cheers guys.

IES lights contain all the lighting information from the housing so you do not need to model the fixture in detail at all. Make sure to actually look at the web placement since manufacturers sometimes generate the data from a different mounting condition and it will be rotated.

• 1 month later...