Onyx Questions

Bidmaron

I'm considering purchasing the Garden Suite, but I have a question. The fact that there are user plants created seems to indicate you can create your own plants, but when you look at the Onyx Tree there is no indication that you can do your own trees beyond the library they provide. Anyone know?

if you are speaking about onyx tree ... they have s/w called painter you can only custmize the tree properties

WRONG...it comes with mini programs i.e. BROADLEAF, PALM, CONIFER, and BAMBOO, in which you can adjust the tree's properties or basically create your own...

onyx is one of the top tree programs out there. i usually start with a base tree, and then fully customize it to what my needs are. everything from the twisting, star shaping of trunk, taper of trunk, 3 seperate levels of branches to adjust, leaf type, branch length, twig length, branch curling ,etc, etc... all customizable.

the only thing that concerns my about onyx... it is basically the same program it was 5 years ago when i first used it. it is a solid app, but they don't seem to be doing a lot of development on it. the did just add a flower/plant module not to long ago, but the only change i have noticed since i started using it is that the broadleaf, palm, etc.. are broken into seperate module (as mentioned above). they used to be one module.

now, all that aside, onyx is not difficult to use, but it is not the easiest app either. it will take some practice to understand how to get the results that you want.