some kind of office

quizzy

Still, I think the trees look flat. They really look like planes with opacity maps. Make them perpenducular to the camera and adjust their opacities (they are a little bit transparent). The ground with the plants looks, indeed, much better. And another thing about the bg: its red color is mixing with the buildings color, making it look really confuse. But, if it's a choice you've made, go ahead.

[]

Rick

You said the trees are scaled RPC's....Never scale them! They will always look weird, no matter what. I'd go, then, for Marc's Treeshop (BTW, Marc, I just received the e-mail about the new version! I'm on my way to download it!). You'll be able to scale them any way you want.

[]

Rick

[ December 12, 2002, 12:50 PM: Message edited by: Rick Eloy ]

Yeah, I'd add a simple gradient for the sky, or something simple. I'd also make it a blue or at least less red - something to tone down the psychedelic impression. Maybe add a tad transparency to the glass and slap a few columns inside (just enough to add some depth to it). Mapped ceiling lights are always a quick fix to add complexity, too. Lastly, I'd scrap the RPC files and just composite in PS after - much quicker and you can change the quickly. Try that cool plugin for PS that RPC has on their site - it's really pretty slick little tool to place the RPC files in a PS doc. It's coming along, though.

Can't wait to see the next version!

Oh, yeah, too bad about the red material - I hate it when a client insists on something awful!

Ooops! Damn, I'm bad! I did those images just get put up while I was typing?! Well, good job. I like the transparency added to the glass, columns on the inside (that is what I am seeing?), and nice sky.

I'll have to type faster next time ; )