Art gallery lighting

David

Hi David, and welcome! :D

When you say live project, I guess you mean that this is for a specific client? If so, what are they looking for, how will the renders that you do to be used, etc.

One thing I noticed right off was that there appears to be weird blue vertical stripes appearing on the gallery’s right walls.

Otherwise what you have here is a good start. The masonry work looks convincing, you even have the masonry texture change properly over the arches which I’m sure took a little work to do.

1. The light fixtures on the dropped ceiling appear a little flat to me, don’t really know why.

2. The artwork seems oddly placed. I’d expect pieces to be placed within the arches and highlighted with the spotlights within them, but you may not have any control over that.

3. I’d guessing that you’ll throw some texture on the floor later, hard to tell if its concrete or carpet, etc, right now.

4. And the two white boxes with the spheres atop them; are they artwork or just dropped in for initial lighting tests? If they were to appear in the final, I’d expect a base of some sort to hold the spheres in place.

Looking FWD to you update.