My first visualisation. ANY comments welcome.

chrisdrake

STRAT,

Thanks for you help.

On another note, I was having a look at your website the other day and realised you work at HMA. Did you have anything to do with a big job at waterloo place in Edinburgh? We recieved a walkthrough and a construction technique movie at the services consultancy I work for.

Chris.

Hi there, the modeling looks ok, this is my recommendations:

1- Erase all the lights

2- Add the only one light, sun, for example.

3- Look at the hot spots

4- add lights close to were the hotspots are located with non-linear decay/falloff and if possible non-specular, and with a similar color to the hot spot.

5- then make sure the intensity is correct, imagine it in real life.

6- then add light fixtures and lighting if needed, only if you need more light.

Hope this helps, old old technique from the “old” days :)

David

Yes, good modeling. Textures look nice (and cheap!), but the tiling is really obvious in some areas. The shadow map needs to be brought closer to the house in the first one (although I'd raytrace an outdoor scene, unless you really need the time, just because the shadow is so obvious). That grass looks really bad, try a new view, too. It will help to lessen the appearance of the grass and make the shot more believable.

Next:

Turn your environment settings to 0, or .1, then start lighting. That will help bring some 3 dimensionality to the interior images.

If you have Max 5, start using the GI!! It will be quicker to set up and look sooo much better.

Good luck.