Challenge #2: gene WIP #1

Guest evrinc

Guest evrinc

Thought I would try out MAX5's new Radiosity Advance Lighting with a night view of this. The radiosity processing is very fast and the new Advanced Lighting Override material lets you tweek the lighting solution to adjust the image to taste. It needs a sky and growies and I'll try rendering this out using MAX5's Light Tracer (a GI alternative) just to compare.

Rendering time: about 3 minutes on an Athlon 1.5ghz with 1gig of Ram. Night-01.jpg

Hi Gene,

It seems like you are over lighting the interior of the house to obtain some light in exterior.

i think the best way to iluminate the outside of the house with any radiosity system is to setup the materials with true (or the closest) values of the real materials.

They should reflect the light correctly. :)

Best to you

Nuno.

Guest evrinc

The light spot on the floor is the opening for the tree and yes it surprised me that it bounced the light around enough to cause it to be brighter than the top surface. As was suggested by Nuno I have reduced the interior lighting (my guess was 4 pairs of downlights equally spaced along the rectangular interior) and that has fixed the problem.

Thanks to you both,

gene