Having fun with Corbu WIP

I'm not a big corbu fan... I mean I like his work... but it was really an experiment. Anyway, this is one frame of a little piece I'm working on. I was thinking about the bris-soleils on the millowners building and thought how cool the GI on that would be. So I started with that, then I started taking pieces of other corb work. The piece will be animated with the camera moving and the sun moving. There is only one light source in the this image... the sun. I will add some dusty particle stuff and maybe some volumetric lighting as the sun makes it through the bris-soleil... tell me what you think....

Corb-test.jpg

BTW the little spotches near the joins are not artifacts... I painted those in to look more realistic... it is supposed to look like a dirty edge.

Well it isn't really isn't any one piece...I stole the stair idea from villa savoy, and wall from ronchamp, and the bris-soleil from millowners... nothing is the way it should be, so I guess it would be and orignal design... or a really heavy rip off of corbu. I see what you mean by the chairs... I was looking at my library and trying to come up with some ideas of furniture that would work... since it was a corbu inspired space, I tried some corbu chairs... I was thinking of using the plywood chair from Eames...

I'm still going to work on the floor, but I still like the reflectivity, it just needs more tweaking and more texturing.

thanks for the comments....

Hehe, i consider myself a bit of a corb buff, just done the france tour a couple months ago, so i couldn't believe i hadn't seen this building! hehe felt like a dumbass as you yanks call It? lol just kidding.

Heres a couple of pics from the tour although i'll probably get tod of by jeff for going off the subject! Well its kind of relevant

To get there, simply click the address below and enter your guest password: cgarchitect

http://www.photoisland.com/servlet/GuestLogin?USERNAME=matt_vinoir

If that doesn't work, go to www.photoisland.com, and log in to my albums with the following information:

Log-in ID: matt_vinoir

Guest Password: cgarchitect

[ August 24, 2002, 11:30 AM: Message edited by: matt_vinoir ]

Originally posted by mbr:

Beautiful image. I would love to see the animation.

Question: if you used fR, do you like VRAY better?

Absolutely... for two main reason... the speed and the speed. The first speed is the amount of time it takes to set up a scene (turn on GI, use the setting you like, which is the same for most scenes). The second speed is rendering... with the settings turn up all the way on the GI and the raytracing, I am getting 16 mins a frame for the animation. With fR it usually took a long time to set up a scene and test renders took forever. I can turn down the settings in Vray and get 90% of what the image will be in 2 mins.

As far as quality is concerned... I think all of them are the same. Besides quality is my responsibility, not the rendering engine. I’m still tweaking the animation... it is almost done.

[ September 09, 2002, 11:50 AM: Message edited by: Christopher Nichols ]