WIP Municipal Building

jucaro

Hi all!

I'm quite sure this needs improvement, but i'm stuck wondering how.

Image was modeled in ACAD for 45mins, rendered in Max 4.2 with FinalRender at 1:15mins GI processing+rendering @ 4096x2048, Grass and some post-processing was done in photoshop.

Your valuable input would highly be appreciated.

filepush.asp?file=Exterior-Daytime.jpg

Hi jucaro.. I will make some comments to the design itself:

I think your building is lack of proportion, Municipal Buildings should be more IMPONENT, I mean tall compared to a people... or maybe is just you don't have a humane scale in the image ;) but grass let me see the proportion

Otherwise I konw that's a WIP, and you are on the way... :) keep it up

-=sanzpont=-

Hello Jucaro,

The frist thing I noticed is the reflection on the glass. they need to be toned down a little bit since they look almost painted. if you look around glass does reflect that much in many cases, as a matter of fact you may want to add some foliage and have it reflect on the glass. I would also try to add more contrast to the image by perhaps positioning the sun in a way that it would cast nice shadows (deeper and darker) specially against the small overhangs on your windows., but I am sure you already know this :)

Keep it up, i cant wait to see your next upgrade.

Oh another thing, .. I dont really like Finalrender (maybe bc i can't use it correctly) but I always get the same flat look... my 2 cents on your GI engine.. )

Hope this helps !

Cesar R.