Opinions......

Guest Ph03Nix

Guest Ph03Nix

This building is a library, an outside view....... The drawing was made in AutoCad and for the lights and materials i use Viz 4.... Opinions please..... Just to remember i'm not a professional, ok But i'd like to become one :o )

stu.jpg

C'ya.

aahh, RPC freebies :)

i dont like critting WIPs usually but i like the way this s going. loads of potential with all that glazing. but glazing is difficult to get realistic looking. the reflection needs desaturation and glass needs to be more clear as it stands. some distortion in the bump channel needs to be added too.

mind your material quality as you progress.

no AA obviously cos of wip status.

nice start, keep us updated.

Incidently, how do you get sky reflectin in the glass? Do you put a skydome in? THis is an interesting point. I've heard of some people using a bit map image for glass giving the impression of the reflection in glass, which is in reality a shiny picture of the faked reflection. That automatically gives it a touch more realism. Are there other ways to get surrounds reflected. Cheating or other wize?

I agree with strat " i dont like critting WIPs", but we can show to u thw way. The model r less 50% of the imagen. the another 60% r lights, textures, ambietation. The model r Ok :)

1.- Textures in the walls r too big.

2.-i can see 2 lights in the scene ? im right ?

If u r newbiw, u can use 1 target direct with raytrace shadows (sun)

and one Omni (no shadows ) in the oposite side to ambient the darkness places.

3.-U can use a Fake radiosity or Radiosity solution, but is more hard to do Real radiosity.

4.- u can fix the glass with less reflection, and bump (noise) distortion.

And post ur Update here :) we want see ur progres

[i Remove my WIP] maybe i post it in another ocation ,

[ August 02, 2002, 05:49 PM: Message edited by: DelfoZ ]

very nice studd delfonz. The last four images were are fake radiosity? Damn they look nice.

i don't need to produce anything better than that for my diploma, itsjust enough to show my stuff without going o.t.t. well done. what was the modleling texturing lighting time on that?

Guys, guys...Since we're here to help our newbie fella, we shall keep this as an advice discussion, right?

DelfoZ, your studies are great and everything, but maybe we should give Ph03Nix some hints on how he could improve his image, ok? (I know I ain't no moderator, but it's just that I think we should focus on HIS WIP, right?)

Ph03Nix:

3 major points here: light, textures and mapping.

I always say lightning is 50% of the image. Really. So, take a look at the fakeosity tutorials on the internet (3D Cafe, for example). You'll learn a little more about lights, their behavior and how to fake it. Elect one main light (the sun, in your case), and render. Your eyes will tell you what's missing in a snap. Then, you'll be able to correct your image by yourself, no plugins needed (of course, you can always use VRay, Final Render, Brazil, Lightscape, etc, but that's a whole other story!).

Textures. Ah, these hateful little things.... biggrin2.gif Good textures are a great step forward a good image. The grass is strange, don't you think? Flat, a little dead, if you like. It's maybe one of the most difficult things in architectural viz. Creating realistic grass is hard, and most of the time, unfair (it never gets as good as we wanted). Try some bumping and add imperfections to the garden. It's flat, and that's not helping.

The glass is only reflective. But glass is more than that. If you're using Viz4, I suggest you take a look at the Raytrace Materials Library that comes with Viz. There, you'll see lots of "glass materials". Try one of those and see the difference. Reflections, refractions and some very subtle displacement make a lot of difference here.

For the walls, see how big the texture looks. That leads me to the last major point: mapping. If you're using a seemless texture, you can apply the UVW Map modifier and play with it. In this case, make the texture get smaller (a LOT smaller). Wall textures are, usually, really tiny. My suggestion: apply the color you want as specular and use a cellular bump (about 50) and map it. You'll get a very different look (better, far more realistic).

Oh, and be careful with thos RPC's. They're not always a good idea, so consider not having them hanging around. ;)

Hope it helped.

[]

Rick