Challenge # 2: kid WIP #1

kid

you're doinga damn fine job with that. However i keep cringing when i see your images cos i keep seeing al the crappy modelling mistakes i did! doh!! The doorin the middle should go to the top. However, it looks like a letterbox slit in the wall reveal, i kinda like that! Nice sunset. How did you achieve that?

Hi kid,

I like your portrait image (third post) best because that composition is hard as rock and the lighting is good. The noisy effect is great, especially the dodge in the down left corner. The mosaic tiles give a very artistic touch, but break a bit to the borders of the pool. I'm sure you can fix something neat ;)

Although I like the lighting in the third image, I do like to see the sunset using that camera view ;)

rgds

nisus

I use VRay in Max 4.2 The sunset pic was done by setting up a sunset atmosphere in Vue D Esprit and rendering to a 360* panorama. I then use that image for the background. I overide the Max Environment in the VRay Render dialogue box using a solid orange/red colour. One main light is used with a slightly yellower colour and casting soft shadows ( so it looks like the sun is diffused through the cloud cover). In the house are a few omni lights with a very slight blue colouring. I add a bit of noise in PS to simulate film grain - a habbit I can't break ;)

Does anyone have a 3d model of an orange tree?

Can someone teach a n00b how to make a 'real scene' with 'real lighting' like you guys get? I always seem to come up with images like the very first one you posted hehe.

I'm looking for tuts for "out of the box newbies". Thanks :rolleyes:

kid what i found was a lemon tree, high poly model

just take it apart a bit it is actually a shrub its an xfrog tree, very detailed but comes with maps etc. Have a look at it.

i found a library of very high poly trees, but dont have the link at work, will post it later.

it is some university site, dunno if its legal

actually i think that is intentional. i think he roughs it up a bit in photoshop which i think works quite nicely. Itjust helps take the edge off.

Mind you, when you have a whole presentation with all the plans sections on an A1 sheet, several 3d views toghether take the sharpness off as you don't view just one image. Otherwise the blurry effect tends to detract a bit.

That probably made no sense what so ever right! its hard to explain!