Exterior Church Image

camby

This is a brick/metal building for a local church. General critques would be helpful, as well as tips to better enhance the landscaping. RPC and ONYX were used, but I would like to see what others recommend. Thanks. :D

INFO:

AutoCAD to Max 3.1

Rendered with Renderdrive

24x18 Output

3.5 Hours rendering time

Hey, m8!

I don't get it: why did your render take so long? The scene looks pretty simple to me, no reason for that time.....Modeling is good, colors and composition with landscaping is good, too. Anyway, as said above, work on the lighting. There's no difference between the planes, and that's what "hurts" the eyes when looking at your image, get it? ;)

Get your "sun" defined and, after that, fill the scene with other light sources, weaker, just to give the idea of a daytime scene.

Keep up the good work!

[]

Rick

I think the main problem is that the lighting needs to be better so try using a directional light plus a renderman light with the skylight shader to get a much more realistic daytime effect
I agree. This was done using the Max Sunlight System without any additional lighting. I assume you are using Renderdrive as well. I am new at it, but I will attempt the RMan light. For the shaders, I don't have a sunlight shader, is this something you created?

Hey, m8!

I don't get it: why did your render take so long?

Well the image you see is not what took so long. I rendered one out at 250 dpi, 24" X 18". I have some intense grass blades that slowed things down too! :D What is the typical rendering time for you when you produce larger images?

Anybody have some tips on the landscaping. What I wanted is a line of small shrubs in the foreground like this photo Image minus the white flowers. Any ideas on how to get this?

Thanks!!

• 3 weeks later...