Tiled floor test 1

Jcs

On this subject, here is my tests. First, the initial rendering to compare with the others

filepush.asp?file=souto50_1.jpg

Now here's the images with the floor test using greeble:

filepush.asp?file=souto51.jpg

filepush.asp?file=souto52.jpg

You can adjust several parameters in order to have a diferent look - with this you can either simulate an indoor pavement (with the joints between tiles not so visible)or an exterior one. The only bad thing is that this technic is a little bit time consuming because it's geometry dependent. If someone has other ideas about this please let me know. thx

Hi José ,

the second picture looks good. As i understand you correct you kind of move the geometry of the floor. Since you only see more dark lines i would try a displacement map in the bump channel to displace the floor grid. Otherwise for an indoor floor the first picture is better, specially when you use the more dirty texture from the second picture.

I guess I understood your comments. But let me tell you that I like - and I've been using it a lot in my projects - stone pavements not regular. I mean that you're could use several rectangle dimensons to the stones to be applyed to the floor. This is something very common here in my country, it was an heritage from the romans and their construction technics and that remains here for more than 1000 years. :)

Hello

If you have ever tried laying tiles they will probably end up like the last 2 images.

I'll rephase that

Whenever I lay tiles they end up like the last 2 images, and I try not to drink and tile!

(When will I ever finish tiling my kitchen!)

Geoff