[Train Station : Thesis Proyect]

sanzpont

Hi, I'm working on my thesis, and is about a train station for high speed ones...

The concept of the design is based on the integration of the natural environment and the building itself, that's make a Train-Grass-Plataform shape type building, designed around the trees native of the place totally inmersed... with a Distintive Dome for accessing to the building, and a sneak preview of what's happening inside viewed from the outside, by a light -line-cage made of glass and steel where the trains arrives, at second floor...... :)

soory about the very small text, taken from a screenshot... :rolleyes:

Conceptual Image:

filepush.asp?file=concepto_02_sketch_conceptu.jpg

Top view:

planta_conjunto.jpg

Main Floor:

planta_baja.jpg

Main Section:

corte.jpg

-=sanzpont=-

[ January 07, 2003, 01:24 AM: Message edited by: sanzpont ]

hello

Uhm! can't comment too much on the pics. Looks pretty good though

Do you know of the TGV (train a grande vitesse) station in Lille (France) by Santiago Calatrava. Not quite the same but has a similar concept, derived from natural forms sort of thing. Possibly something to do with the form of a bird in flight.

Again, nice stuff so far

Cheers

Tiene buena pinta :)

The planos look nice. I'd work harder on the conceptual image, though. There's a lot to squeeze from a proyect like this, with all the transparencies, reflections etc. I don't suggest it has to be fotorrealistic! But just using the sky is the easy way of getting away with it. I´m sure you can show a little more of what´s going on inside that glass building keeping the idea of blending with the surroundings.

Good work!

sanzpont,

I like the design a lot, but I don't think your images do it justice. It's a dynamic, fluid form and the renderings look static. The section reminds me of Hadid - perhaps you should look at some of her rendering techniques (personal fav). I personally feel that for theoretically driven work, or design experiments you should avoid photorealistic work, especially rendered as a colored pencil/watercolor look. Also try looking at Morphosis renderings (love their renderings, too - notice no reflections=quick!). They're great computer imagery that compliments the ideas behind the designs, the materiality, and the space.

I would keep in mind that you are selling an idea, and not necessarily to a client. You should make an image that compliments the design (which is very nice), drawing peoples attention to its strengths (like the angled glass pieces). I'd work on some views, play with the camera a little. Dramatize it, don't worry about it being prefectly 'real', it shouldn't be.

Keep it up, the design is nice and you could have some great images with little effort.

Originally posted by dannyc:

Do you know of the TGV (train a grande vitesse) station in Lille (France) by Santiago Calatrava.

i suppose that birds look like station is in Lyon :) not in Lille, ( TGV station at airport Lyon-SaintExupery ), functional concepction is quite similar, but form not, anyway concept pic looks nice, very futuristic and looks like painting, i like it :) i would change only forest/trees, IMHO you've put there PS filter (or in other soft) which doesnt match witch atmosphere of the rest of this picture

Hi

Yes, of course it's Lyon, sorry (NOT Lille, which looks completely different). The bit about it looking like a bird wasn't particularly my opinion. Something I read somewhere. Perhaps I should try checking these things earlier in the day rather than 3 'o' clock in the morning. Oh well, looks impressive anyway

Cheers