Arch Desktop Output

mbr

I am not familiar with Arch Desktop at all and a client has a file with 'smart walls'. I've seen the elevations but don't know if this is a complete 3D model or not. Any help would be appreciated.

So I'll need to figure out if it can be eventually imported/opened in Max. Thanks.

yes i can be opened it max. It would be even better if you had VIZ and used the FILE LINK feature. However you can download a path form discreet that will enable similar functions in max, ortherwise just export to 3ds.

Keep in mind however that the AEC wall - "smart walls" are only "smart in architectural desktop.

Hi mbr

The ADT objects can be directly linked to Viz but they can also be exploded into their base geometry losing their “smartness” Ask you client to copy the original file and under the ADT pull down menu, select Desktop > Utilities > Explode AEC objects. This will go through the file and turn walls into AutoCAD 3dface constructions. Carry this operation in a “model” display representation to show the 3D data.

Regards

Kerry Thompson