Challenge2# Wip 1# Alex Antuna

edgemaster

Hey everyone out there..Well here's my attempt at this challenge 2#..I used 3d studio max 4. I didnt go with using lightscape this time just to see if I still have it in me to make this look good in just good old max. Each light has similar settings but what lightscape couldnt do is the light from the water on to the wall. This is a night time shot for the Challenge this month..I really didnt focus on texturing my main concern was the lighting..But the tree I just stuck in there maybe I'll have some time to make a better one...Or just put something else there instead.....

rendering01.jpg

[ September 06, 2002, 10:37 AM: Message edited by: edgemaster ]

hi edgemaster

there's more wrong with this image than is right i fear, but thats the point of a wip. i hope i can help.

the pond - the surface is wrong. it looks more like a choppy ocean surface and if it was that choppy it wouldn't seem that translucent enought to see the lights in the pool. the pool is lit too evenly and uniformly too.

patio tiling - way too reflective and the grout line is massive. must be atleast half that size. those coping stones around the pool look totally out of scale. there seems to be a strange glow around the rim of the pool too.

wall lights - waaaay too small. imaging the size of your hand to one of those? they need to be twice as big and much brighter.

also the glass doors look not like glass. they are too flat and non reflective. the light transition between the inside and the outside is too harsh. i'd also brighten the whole scene a tad.

these are all points that can be easily remedied im sure making it a nice image. the tree is subtle and i see you've attempted caustics :)

Cool strat....I like your critque on this...I'll go back and fix that pond thingy. Yeah there is a video post glow on it, I may just take it off. Yeah the texturing I just put something there..My scale in the whole scene may be a bit off since it didnt import to good in max (the scale was different). But the scale of the lights that are in the scene are 6"highx10"wide. But yeah the scale may be a bit off...

K heres a little update to what I had.I went in and changed the lighting a bit and lessened the glow and the waves of the water...Ummmm I changed the texturing of the ground and the walls..The rendering time was around 30 minutes in 3d studio max version 4..And the renderer was in max using video post too. Oh and im using Fakiosity....

rendering02.jpg