Mies van der Rhoe Barcelona Pavillion

Jcs

Yes you're right about the water. I haven't work on it properly. HDRI reflections on the steel beams are dificult to handle with too. During weekend I'll try to improve it.

ps: Falas Português?? Reparei que és de São Paulo

What render did you use? settings? render time?

Let's keep this for learning... If you can, post it also in the Unchallenge thread (same as mine) to get all renders test together

Nice renders.. looks pretty cool; one thing: you used 2 camera views angles same as mine, and I just copy them from neutra's and he got angry... please post a reference... (of camera angles and sky color)... Notice I don't care about it, it is beacause neutra have the legal rights for making the pavillion, and we shouldn't reproduce his job (exactly) in the first time ;)

-=sanzpont=-

[ January 10, 2003, 11:14 AM: Message edited by: sanzpont ]

ooops...yes I started placing a camera from where I saw your images. Forgot to mention the copyright for that.. :) )

My hardware is a P4 2.5ghz with 1.512gb RAM. My graphic card is an elsa.

Each rendering took about 5 min to complete with the following settings:

RH rays 500

balance 82%

curve 68%

min density 20

max density 200

prepass 1/4

adaptative quality 30%

hdri cover angle 42

for the travertine material I also used the shader modifyer sel ilum 2 and difuse 1,3

Thanks Neutra for the model and textures as well as to the ncie images he made and inspired me to make this tests.

I forgot one thing about the settings: I used a sun system target direct light sepia tinted with a 0,4 multiplier and fR softshadows. The sky you see is the hdri map used as environment and a cam blur of 100% - that's what gives the grey color to the image.

Sorry, hate to bother you again, with the same thing, the model and the textures are not from neutra, we explained that in the other thread, the model is from the net, and I made the textures with some other references from the net... I'm telling this cause I don't want neutra to be in trouble with the Mies van... foundation, cause is not his model... it is from the net, the only thing cames from neutra were the refence images... Cheer... ;)

-=sanzpont=-

[ January 10, 2003, 11:41 AM: Message edited by: sanzpont ]

ok guys - thanks to everybody who made, hosted the model, the textures, placed the cameras; etc, and made the images I saw and inspired me to make this litle tests of the barcelona pavillion. :) ))))))))))))))))))))))