another NPR imagen

DelfoZ

although i lik it, it sems a very long way and artificial way round to actually doing a quick atercolur which would take 5 mins max. gets toa point when you think, how many ways are there to skin a cat. What i think is important aside from photoreal images, is the ablity to create other types of image that you just could without the program. do you know what i mean or shall i shutupa myface?

i dont do this imagen to make a Illustration, more easy make in paper with watercolors or pencil technique. I just use the last work to TEST a NPR . i dont work 2 days to make photorealistic imagen and convert it in a Artistic style. that was only a Test Matt :) u got the point of WIP "& test" forum ?

( this r the Real images Of my "npr" post "

1 1/2 days of work ( model and render ) , The backgorund suks, ( theprojects isnt in my city, so i cant get a better Pic , the client send that :| )

bif_01.jpgbif_02.jpg

well to be honest it isn't work in "progress"

progressive work would be something new and different. Thats my point delfoz. I'd prefer you using the photoreal model to try something new that we haven't seen before so that the site is a real learning experience and not a show off zone.

However i get the point that if a client says how about a watercolour of this, then you can do it in five minutes but then i would take it for gramted that you could do that. Maybe others don't know photoshop that well.

Originally posted by DelfoZ:

ok u right. this is a learning site, remove the Finish work Forum .

i only want to share my "techiniques" if someone want to use the same technique i can teach.

Dont be angry man , i dont post to get enemies, only to share techniques, and show some works with TECHINIQUES WHO I LEARN HERE:

Sorry then for Post some work. dont be happend again MATT_VINOIR

i was just observing the type of images that i see. It is my opinion delfoz don't get defensive. I have a first class honours degree in architecture so i talk about how these images are perceived by architects with some knowledge not architectural visualisation so my opinion may differ from others who aren't from an architectural perspective. I have my tastes and opinions this should respected and not aggrested against. I'm sorry if you don't agree.

actually i'm really annoyed that you've made just a small opinion that was suppose to be taken in the sprirt of differing opinion and turned it around to attack me. I was making a point about NPC in general for a small amount of debate not bare faced nastiness from you.

how how how guys... srry to interupt this fight but are we talking about the images, ways to categorize or about ourselves and the degree we have?

I agree with delfoz that we share our techniques, because in my opinion everyone knows best for themselves when to use a certain type of image depending upon client or job.

Of course - honestly - most clients don't want all kind of testdrives but that should not keep us from experimenting: it's very important to grow our artistic mind because it's fun, satisfying and eventually may be taken into a real job to get us to the next level.

rgds

nisus

guess i'll just shut up then! so much for asking for a broader debate on npc images. obviously that isn't what people do on this site!!

Am i alone in wanting to explore new ways to show concepts for projects that can't be achieved WITHOUT computers? Does anyone get my point at all?

I'm not in the least slating delfonz images, just trying to provoke some response about the whole genre, as it is a current poll it is at least topical right?

Didn't a wize man say " the long road to the east is full or many danger... oh hang on no he didn't say that did he, oh well.

Hi matt,

I got your point on images not being possible without computer interference/use, but I guess no-one could smell where you were heading for since you released you're thoughts a kind of masked in an npr-environment. I suggest you start a new topic about it, because I think it is good and deserves a place next to NPR.

Be sure to read my post on multi-perspective panoramas - http://www.cgarchitect.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=23;t=000025 (pls, read the article also) - as these are one example of things hard to do without the use of computers.

rgds

nisus