Challenge#2 : TAKA - WIP#1

TAKA

Ok here it is (sorry for the link, my host doesn't allow remote linking).

Anyway, in this first wip, i tried to match the camera of the photograph bundled with the max file. I had a lot of problems with the model (sorry matt), so i just remodeled the whole thing in autocad. So i thought why not make it Lightscape optimized. It took me 2 hrs to model the whole (All surfaces with clipped boundaries), so if anyone is interrested i'll post a link.

On to the WIP.

used Viz 4 with a daylight system. I separated the ies sun from the ies sky, and played with the sky position to see the effect (i thought it wouldn't have any effect since the sky is a virtual skydome, but the effect was not the same when i changed its position.

Lighting

IES Sky: blueish color, multiplier =2 and a partly cloudy atmosphere

IES Sun: intensity: 60000 lx, very very light purple color

Exposure Controls

Logarithmic

Brithness: 55

Contrast: 90

Midtones: 1.5

Physical scale: 9000

Daylight and Exterior Checked

Materials:

Walls: standard material(Diffuse: R=247 G=247 B=249 | Specular: R/G/B=229 | Specular level = 8 | Glossiness = 14

Tiles: Brick texture in the diffuse channel with a "stack bond" preset. Oh yes and it has an Radiosity Override with colorbleeding downleveled to 0.25

Meshing parameters for the walls and building were set to 0.25 meters.

Radiosity solution

Initial Quality: 90%

Refined walls and building 30 more iterations

Overall radiosity time: 3 mins

Overall rendering time: 2 mins

Hardware: P4 1.5 GHZ / 512 MB RAM

Software: W2K / Viz 4

Personally i like this soft look at the corners but i would like to be able to give the entire surfaces a soft look.

Also the water texture isn't working at all for me. I get strange reflections with a black background, and the water isn't even tranparent (can't see the bottom of the pool)

I'm working on different versions (views, time of day, moods).....Hey i'm on vacation!

Best if luck to all. Start with ur Crits