New project for a restaurant

Jcs

I like the images a lot! Pretty decent design, too. The only things I noticed where that there seems to be some pretty bright hot spots, particularly behind the cut wall (where the yellow gets washed out to white) and maybe the sun/wall light is a little bright in the shot taken from the sunlight area. The texture on those round stools looks a little big, but not sure.

Little things, but it looks great. I love the texturing on the ac ducts. Good work.

I like the yellow backlighting shining through the wall pieces. How will you be making that. I think it may look better to be a more even source of light - like lots of rows of fluorescent tube lights behind coloured acrylic, or something...? Will the wall pieces be moveable, to rearange how the yellow light effects the room?

Looks great, keep us posted.

Hi mbr, Hi kid

Thanks a lot for your comments. Yes, the sun light is too bright and so it's "burning" some objects. However I want the place to be all white, very reflective - walls, floor and ceiling.

The yellow and greenish lights behind the background wall holes are simple omni lights with attenuation. I'm triyng a lot in order to get rid of the hot spots, but from some angles you see them always. Do you have any idea on how to avoid this? I want a dim light just like you said. And yes, the wall pieces will be moveable. All the walls will be made with painted gypsum boards placed on a galvanized steel structure.I want to make possible to change the apearence of the room, like if it was a scenery that you can change and so giving a diferent "look" to the restaurant dinning room when you feel like to. :)

[ January 23, 2003, 01:28 PM: Message edited by: Jcs ]

I remember now. I thought the name looked familiar but I thought I might have seen your website before and remembered it from there.

The Tadao Ando project unfortunately did not happen. I might get round to it in the future. I remember you saying you had some Ando models, is that right?

For the yellow/green lights you could try modelling planes behind the wall pieces then adding a material with a coloured Output map in the Diffuse slot. This is a technique I used for self-illuminated objects in Brazil, I'm sure fR will work similarly. It lets a large area to emit light much like a large area light.

Here's how the Output settings will look:

output.gif

Originally posted by kid:

The Tadao Ando project unfortunately did not happen. I might get round to it in the future. I remember you saying you had some Ando models, is that right?

For the yellow/green lights you could try modelling planes behind the wall pieces then adding a material with a coloured Output map in the Diffuse slot. This is a technique I used for self-illuminated objects in Brazil, I'm sure fR will work similarly. It lets a large area to emit light much like a large area light.

Yes I have several 3d models from Ando's work, as well as some other ones from other well know architects like corbusier, frank loyd wright, eisenman, rietveld,mies, khan, etc, etc. If you want something just tell me. I will try your technic for the lights - it seems nice. I will make some tests using it. Keep in touch!