plant/tree creation

mtutaj

I have a huge list of plants and trees that need to be put in a huge scene/animation that I am working on, so far, I have looked at speedtree, onyx, xfrog, rpc, and none have the plants that I need. I think I have one of the trees from speedtree.

What would you guys do? If I was to model the plants, what software would you recommend. These are all plants that I would use again, since they survive in the midwest.

Thanks,

Mike

try turbosquid, if you don't find the ones you need, find someone's models that you like and contact them to model them for you, they're probably using xfrog and could do them pretty quickly, as opposed to you trying to get your head around the program, which I didn't find to be very easy...

You might want to try out Itoo Software's "Forest" plug-in. It comes with a fairly large library of 2D trees. You can also very easily add your own tree textures to use with the plug-in.

I recently purchased it and it works rather effectively on scenes requiring alot of forestation. Depending on the level of quality/realism your project demands, you may want to go with 3D trees up close.

I have SpeedTree for up close 3D trees, but unfortunately, I have been extremely disappointed with it in any actual animation production.