onyx or xfrog

Andrew1

I was wondering which of those 2 is most recommended to work with 3dsmax and vray, and do they come textured, and are they based on geometry or opacity maps.

I just want to decide on which package I should buy, but before that I thought I would ask and get some opinion.

Thanks

Andrew

I've been debating between these two products as well, and from what I have read, the learning curve for Onyx is easier for creating custom libraries (please correct if I'm wrong).

The xfrog models are soooooo geometry heavy, so you have to but the xfrogtune software as well in order to keep the poly counts down, although I really don't see using the models in animations, I was wondering if anyone around does?? But the quality of the plants are IMO the best out there.

The one down fall for onyx is that don't have a demo, so I can't say first hand which one is easier to work with. But from different projects I have seen within galleries, the onyx plants have the ability to look awsome, plus when you buy the garden package you get 300+ models included.

Pending the debates made within this discussion, at this point I would have to go with Onyx, for price, great quality, and ease of use.

• 4 weeks later...