*** IMAGE UPLOADING TO OUR SERVER ***

Jeff Mottle

• Administrators

Hey all,

The long awaited feature is here. I have just finished implementing a new file uploading utility in the forums. Users who do not have access to webspace, free or otherwise, can now upload images to our server and can link to them on the forums. There are a few restriction to prevent misuse and to maintain security. They are detailed on the upload page and are hardcoded into the application. At the top of each forum topics page you will find details on file linking and the link to the file upload application. If you have any questions, suggestions or bug reports, please let me know.

filepush.asp?file=filelinking.jpg

cheers Jeff, just wat is needed.

just a couple of things - the maximum width stated is only 650 pixels wide. can this be upped to a maximum of 800x600? only what with the challenge submissions comming in this week all at 800x600 it means we wont be able to use this new uploader.

also, i hope it's not using port 82, only certain firewalls will completely block that. I'll test it out in work on monday morning.

cheers again Jeff :):):)

• Administrators

Hey STRAT,

Good point about the 800 pixel bit. I made it 650 to prtotect the width formatting of the site, but I've raised it back up to 800 wide now. Height is not restricted. Just file size.

It's a pure HTTP upload so it will be using port 80 (HTTP). I'm pretty sure all upload utilities use port 80, even server side COM objects.