Tiled floors lookin' natural

Jcs

I've been tryng a lot to get realistic tiled floors for long time ago. I found it dificult because when they're very large you started to notice the maps tiled. These are some experiences I made using the greeble plugin and a very very large bitmap as texture. At this moment for me this is the best way of doing this kind of textures. As low as I have the camera,the more realistic is the effect. Please if someone has another way of doing this drop me a line.

thx in advance

http://www.cgarchitect.com/forum/filepush.asp?file=hdr_patio4.jpg

http://www.cgarchitect.com/forum/filepush.asp?file=jcs1.jpg

Interesting idea for tiles!

I think for an outdoor scene the technique works great. But, indoors it may be a little to rough of a surface. People tripping on the tile edges sticking up could get expensive :)

Nice renders, by the way! What program are you doing them in?

that floor look great!

where can I get similar textures?

I am looking for slate to be paneled on a small privacy wall. and some 8"x8" gray exterior pavers.

Images of what I am working on are on the WIP section under 1701 Middle river

thanks guys

Hi, AWSOME renders... as your webpage.. I love them, you're really a master in finalRENDER I guess?? (HDRI)

If you tell me the image from the outside the house is not a photograph... I will kill myself :rolleyes: hat design is yours? I like it... white style things.. love it!!

-=sanzpont=-

Hi there. To the folks who asked me what render I used for the images the answer is: finalRender and POV RAY. Now, mostly I'm using finalrender because it's really fast. I'm sure Brazil handles very well with HDRI ? No, I didn't use photoshop in any situation. Time to time I use it but only to modify brightness/contrast and Hue/Saturation of my pics.

On the house exterior rendering I used HDRI as primary light. I used also a free direct with a very big shadow map - I wanted the shadows to be very soft. I made a tube surrounding the model and mapped it with a 360 panorama I stitched. I made this because I didn't want to see the hdri map I was using. Actualy there's a BIG error - I was expecting that someone spoted it - the windows reflections are not correct. They are reflecting the HDRI map, not the environment. When I noticed it, I thought about fixing the problem, but the image took me so many time to render that I give up :)

On the interior render - the one with the floor I'm workin' on - I used one free direct light, HDRI and I made the environment picture of the cork tree field 100% self iluminated and with a 1,3 GI emisson. This environment is a tube mapped with a 180 degree panorama I took of the site. Soon I'll post more pics of this scene.