wip: flats

matt_vinoir

well finally getting a bit of time to finish this one off. This will be a second version to show the client. Few material changes perhaps. Any comments would be helpfull!

Its vray with viz 4 (modelled in archicad)

-3/-3 30 hem sub 30 inter subs bouce 0.6/0.7

environ 0.3 spot light 1.9

filepush.asp?file=fronttest2.jpg

hi matt, looks good so far but....

the bricks tile and could be a bit more bumped maybe.

glass looks good but a bit self illumed.

composition looks too plain, lower the camera, everything is too level and straight for a dynamic shot such as this.

The lighting - as it stands this looks typical scanline stuff. the lighting is very contrasty is the reason why. up the secondary bounces, this should enhance the gi feel to it.

hehe shiguru eh!! The most impractical architect in the world! ( got to love the curtain wall house! what an excellent play on words!)

the first was just my first render with any old materials close to hand to see if there was anything wrong. ( design isn't my thank god! commercial rubbish!)

heres the first one done with viz alone

filepush.asp?file=fronttest.jpg

Matt, m8, try this:

- forget about the subs and sampling for now. You've got more important issues to take care of.

- Keep the light with 1.0 (default). With VRay, you really don't need to touch the light parameters at first.

- For the bounces, use 1.1 and 0.7 for a start. See the results and tell me what you think.

- Too dark (or too bright)? Use the Environment as 1.0 and control it with the color (slide it on grayscale). It's a much better and more sensitive method.

Using these configurations, I think you can get to a good result. But that's just a guess, cause I can't test the model, right?

If it works, let us know!

[]

Rick

you can test the model if you like rick no probs up to you!! I have differing opions given about the multipers and environment settings. Its all to do with the contrast i'm guessing. I need to upgrade to get the colour mapping version and photon mapping, must do that soon!!

heres a very quick update. keep the advice coming! If i were after legal advice this would cost a fortune! hehe. ( oi! don't think about sending an invoice for the advice strat! I know what you're like!lol)

filepush.asp?file=frontview.jpg

[ September 27, 2002, 09:14 AM: Message edited by: matt_vinoir ]

do you mind mailing me the model? - that's if you're not under any NDA's.

I'll have a play and get back to you on what material settings/render settings I got to work - if I get it to work ;)

Probably can't look at it till week after next, once I get an essay of Mies Van Der Rohe's Brick Country House, and an essay on Norman Invasion of England > Romanesque > Gothic architecture in Britain, out the way :\

Hi Matt,

i like the first version of your rendering with Viz alone, because it gives a better information and has a smoother look, more eyepleasing than the contrasty second version. And i think i could be better if you show the building more from the side, looking at the sharp edge gives a bad feng-shui :)

ingo

www.im-graphics.com