Campo WIP ( just a bit late!)

matt_vinoir

Typical, i finally get some free time after the submission date!! Anyway, I'd like some advice on it as i want improve before i go back for my diploma.

I couldn't put a tree in as it was too slow witha standard material and i cna't work out how to do opacity with vray mat.

I've only been using vray a short while so i'm not sure what good settings to use so if you want me to give the settings for advice i'll see what they are.

THanks guys and well done to everyone who submitted in the comp.

Kid, you were the only one who used vray i believe. Are you going to share you file? I'd love to see how you achieve those gorgeous images!

filepush.asp?file=campowip1.jpg

Hey Matt.

There's a strange thing about ur image. As the shadows show, most of the scene is shadowed, and for a shadowed floor and wall, there's too much light. Also correct me if i'm wrong, if the pool is in shadow, where do the specular reflections on the water come from?

The wall on the left is too bright.

I like the soft reflections, and the specular reflections on the water (but still suspicious about them).

Overall i think there's too much light, give it more contrast.

PS: work on the sky as well, put a gradient or fog or something.

rgds

TAKA

tnx taka, you ar right about the water,it doesn't look right but i'm guessing it reflection the parts of the wall in the sunlight? maybe!!

I don't no how to make the scene more contrasting in vray but i'll have a fiddle. It does looka bit too washed out n that sense. Maybe it is becauethe spot light is too bright. I'll have anyother play and se where that gets me!