stylish npr trees for architectural exterior

incal

hi!

i was digging in the forum but havent found yet, what i am looking for.

we are doing some architectural competitions and we develope our designs in max. if we are happy with a solution we can render the raw geometry directly without big changes, quasi from sketch.

so we have somekind of abstract geometry and now we want to have abstract trees.

BUT, whatever i tried (2d, 3d, white, transparent, twisted stuff, spiral, ...) it looks awful... :(

so i would be very happy if someone could tell me some tips how to achieve a very stylish r esult,

thank you

hi!

we are using nothing special, its more that we want to look the buildings in the images like handmade physical models.

for example we dont use any realistic grass or something like that, but some materials (architectural glass) and atmosphere (sun - sky combination) are very important!

i think it is not important if the trees are geometry or just some bitmaps added in photoshop.

just looking for some artistic inspiration. ;)

enclosed an example from a competition last year.

so i would be very happy if someone could tell me some tips how to achieve a very stylish r esult

While I can't promise a very stylish result, below is an approach you might consider. I use Painter, which offers a plethora of cloning brushes to create a variety of painted looks. Photoshop CS versions can largely do the same, if not to the same extent (try starting with the Liquify brush). The example below is still representational, but that's because I brought it back from what was a very simplified state.

If you're looking for stylized, that's a bit diifferent. You might be able to create something using filters, but it would seem easier to just find the style you like and purchase those. Then again, the search could take as long as making them. I'd have a look a simplifying shapes to get rid of so many cut-out areas, then use selections or paths to apply fills or strokes. If you want to retain large forms, you might work with layer overlays after reducing.

Good luck.

Dennis @ DigArts

http://www.gardenhose.com

painted.jpg

Dennis

you should convert your Painter Tools/ENTIRE LIBRARY into PhotoShop TIFF files or some other compatible file format

Then People could drag and drop and place your Entourage in PS into Their Images

That would be soooo handy

you could always add some filters in PS To create whatever custom NPR look is desired

Thanks

Randy

You should convert your Painter Tools/ENTIRE LIBRARY into PhotoShop TIFF files or some other compatible file format. Then People could drag and drop and place your Entourage is PS into Their Images. That would be soooo handy. You could always add some filters in PS To create whatever custom NPR look is desired.

Look for announcement coming soon :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Dennis, you should convert your Painter Tools/ENTIRE LIBRARY into PhotoShop TIFF files or some other compatible file format. Then People could drag and drop and place your Entourage in PS into Their Images. That would be soooo handy. You could always add some filters in PS To create whatever custom NPR look is desired

Look for announcement coming soon :)

Done, done and done! :)

Jungle DVD, Grains & Grasses and Palm Paints, now for Photoshop. You heard it here first. Info is posted and taking orders.

Official announcement next week.

Dennis @ DigArts

http://www.gardenhose.com